Clinics We Offer
Our nurses are qualified to diploma level in chronic disease management and offer the following services:
- Disease management clinics for diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma/chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and coronary heart disease
- Travel advice, vaccinations and baby immunisations
- They run the practice cervical smear recall programme
- They give guidance on sexual health and contraception including the issue of free condoms
- They also offer smoking cessation and weight management advice
The nursing team is supported by our three nursing assistants. They:
- Have phlebotomy skills (taking blood samples).
- Complete new patient checks.
- Assist in the disease management and health promotion clinics.
- Work independently to offer smoking and lifestyle advice.
- Organise 24-hour blood pressure monitoring.
- Offer non urgent ECGs (heart tracing).
- Support the nursing team in the administration of some vaccines such as ‘flu.
- Provide wound care.