The prescription desk is open at Ashwell Medical Centre:
- Please note we do not take requests for prescriptions over the telephone. This is in the interest of patient safety.
- You can only order the medication authorised on your repeat prescription
- Please use your repeat prescription request form
- We now offer an online prescription ordering service - ask at reception for details
- Repeat prescriptions will be ready for collection 48 hours after receipt of your request form
We are not a dispensing practice. However you can arrange for a local pharmacy to manage your repeat prescribing and collect your medication direct from the pharmacy.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.